Tech Support Questions
How do I troubleshoot my services online?
Login to My Account. On the Overview tab, under the My Services section, you will find a link that reads: “Troubleshoot a problem.” Click there to begin using the troubleshooting tool. First, choose what services you are having problems with.
Click ‘Next’. The troubleshooting tool will look for the equipment associated with the service you chose. If the equipment is identified, you will see a screen with the status of your service. Follow the troubleshooting prompts accordingly.
If your equipment was not identified, you will have to close the troubleshooting tool and call 1-855-270-5527 to speak with a technical support agent or click here to chat with an agent now.
What issues are most commonly resolved by Business Premier Technical Support?
What types of problems will Business Premier Technical Support commonly resolve?
Recovery of content due to virus and malware
- Viruses (such as Ransomlock, Cryptolocker, Trojans, and Rootkits)
- Browser hijacks and redirects
Hardware related connectivity:
- Wireless network setup and security
- Connecting devices to existing wireless networks
- Firewall and router configurations or troubleshooting
Software related connectivity:
- Network card settings
- Browser troubleshooting and settings
- Software based firewalls
- Account setup on a local client (Outlook)
- Troubleshooting mailbox issues or send/receive difficulties
- Setup of E-mail on a mobile or secondary device
Business Software Assistance:
- Office Suite installation or operation
- Data backup
Connected Devices and Peripherals (Installation and troubleshooting):
- Mobile Devices
What are the DNS service addresses?
Primary DNS 188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS 184.108.40.206
These will only work from Suddenlink IPs.
What is the difference between a static IP and dynamic IP address?
The main difference between a static IP is that one is automatically assigned and could change at any time without any type of notice, and the other is requested by a customer, assigned by one of our tech support personnel and is then hard coded into your own equipment. The static IP we assign you will stay the same as long as possible. We only change them if we have to upgrade our network and it requires IP changes. We notify static IP customers if and when they would ever need to change.
What is Business Premier Technical Support?
Suddenlink Business Premier Technical Support is like having your own IT department at your fingers. We’ll remotely troubleshoot and resolve software problems with virtually any of your connected devices - from setting up new devices, connecting tablets, smartphones, and PC’s to your network to removing viruses and troubleshooting other software issues. Suddenlink Business Premier Technical Support covers your entire office for one low monthly price. Our convenient mobile app gives your business instant contact to a live virtual help desk via chat or click to call - whenever you need to troubleshoot an issue.
What devices are supported by Business Premier Technical Support?
Suddenlink Business Premier Technical Support gives you unlimited remote technical support for all your business' internal connected devices - PCs; Macs; smart phones; tablets; networks; printers and other peripherals.
How do I power cycle my modem?
If you need to power cycle your modem as part of your internet connection troubleshooting, follow the steps below.
1.Unplug your modem from the power by pulling the power cord from the back of the modem.
2.If you have a router, unplug the power from the back of your router. Leave it unplugged for now.
3.Wait 15 seconds.
4.Plug the power back into your modem.
5.Wait 15 seconds.
6.Plug the power back into your router, if you have one.
7.Wait 15 seconds.
8.Pull up or refresh your browser window to test your internet connection.
9.If you are still unable to pull up webpages, we recommend that you power cycle your own equipment and restart your computer and try again.
How do I power cycle my own equipment as described above?
We recommend that you contact your own IT department if you have one just to be safe, but you can easily follow the CAT5 cable from the modem to each device between the modem and your PC and simply cut the power off, wait about 10 seconds and plug the power back into each device. This usually resolves many problems you might experience. If the problem resurfaces continually, or gets worse we recommend that you call us before power cycling so we can look at everything beforehand. If these steps do not work to restore your services, please call us at 1-855-270-5527.
What are the system requirements to receive maximum data speeds from Suddenlink Business?
In order to take advantage of our fastest speeds, there are certain infrastructure requirements that you may need to check.
- Modem: Are you planning to use a DOCSIS 3 modem? To reach speeds over 100 Mbps, you will need to use a D3 modem.
- Router: If you are using your own router, is the equipment you own capable of reaching max speeds? Confirm that your equipment is rated to handle speeds greater than 100 Mbps.
- Wiring: Is your wiring (Ethernet cabling) Cat5E or Cat6E? Standard Cat5 Ethernet cable may hinder your ability to go over 100 Mbps. By installing Cat5E or Cat6E, you can ensure you’re receiving the fastest speed.
- Devices: Are the devices that are you using to connect to the data service capable of reaching gigabit speeds? Check to see if your computers are gigabit capable or equipped with gigabit Ethernet adapters.
- Firewall: Is your firewall limited in terms of the traffic it can accommodate? If your IT personnel installed a firewall, they can tell you if there are any limitations on the amount of traffic that can be routed to the internet.
If you have any questions about whether or not you can support our fastest speeds, be sure to check with your IT personnel or give us a call at 1-855-270-5527 to consult one of our knowledgeable representatives.