In order to take advantage of our fastest speeds, there are certain infrastructure requirements that you may need to check.
- Modem: Are you planning to use a DOCSIS 3 modem? To reach speeds over 100 Mbps, you will need to use a D3 modem.
- Router: If you are using your own router, is the equipment you own capable of reaching max speeds? Confirm that your equipment is rated to handle speeds greater than 100 Mbps.
- Wiring: Is your wiring (Ethernet cabling) Cat5E or Cat6E? Standard Cat5 Ethernet cable may hinder your ability to go over 100 Mbps. By installing Cat5E or Cat6E, you can ensure you’re receiving the fastest speed.
- Devices: Are the devices that are you using to connect to the data service capable of reaching gigabit speeds? Check to see if your computers are gigabit capable or equipped with gigabit Ethernet adapters.
- Firewall: Is your firewall limited in terms of the traffic it can accommodate? If your IT personnel installed a firewall, they can tell you if there are any limitations on the amount of traffic that can be routed to the internet.
If you have any questions about whether or not you can support our fastest speeds, be sure to check with your IT personnel or give us a call at 1-855-270-5527 to consult one of our knowledgeable representatives.