Make sure all your TVs are ready.
Broadcast Basic channels like ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS are about to be digitally encrypted, which means the channels will be accessible only on TVs that have a cable box, CableCARD, or Digital Transport Adapter (DTA).
No action needs to be taken as long as you have a cable box or CableCARD for all your TVs.
If you have a TV without a cable box or CableCARD, please call 866-218-1767 to make sure you can continue enjoying these channels.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is digital encryption?
- Digital encryption refers to the process of taking information or a TV signal and scrambling it into an unreadable format to help protect the confidentially of the digital data being transmitted through a network at your business.
What channels are impacted?
All channels included in Broadcast Basic will be encrypted. All other channels are already encrypted. For a list of the channels included in Broadcast Basic, please visit optimum.net/lineups and choose your location.
How does this affect me?
- + If you have a cable box or CableCARD for each of your TVs, no action will need to be taken and you should not notice any disruption to your viewing experience. If you do notice any disruption, please try resetting your device.
- + If you don’t have a cable box or CableCARD for each of your TVs, you must call 866-218-1767 at least 2 weeks prior to your area’s encryption date to ensure you receive and set up your equipment to avoid disruption to your Broadcast Basic networks. When you call, our Customer Care representatives will provide details on specific offers available to you for your additional equipment.
- + If you are a Commercial Bulk Customer with a Gateway, you will need to reset your Gateway to keep enjoying these channels. Please call us at 866-218-1767 if you have questions.
- + A schedule of impacted areas is below:
- • Seaside – 5/3/2021
- • Bayonne – 5/3/2021